Joke from TODAY news paper,because all of our people face that kind of problem at least once in Singapore.

"Now,even the long-winded standardsof other civil service departments,IRAS phone operator system takes some beatings.
When I call I pressed 1 for English.
Then I had to press another number if I wanted to discuss my Income Tax Return.
Press 4 if you need another PIN number.
Press 6 if you have no idea what a SingPas is and believe that we just made it up.
Press 3 if you are wearing blue underwear.
Press 8 if you think we should have called ourselves the Authority for Revenue in Singapore.
Sane people will agree that we just want a real human voice at the end of the line.
We don't want options or roborts, we just want real voices.We will doggedly press every number on the phone until we finally hear the magic words,"please hold while we connect you to our customer service operator."
ButI was denied even that privilege by IRAS.
By the time my aching thumb had pinned down the exact department I was looking for,the phone rang for three seconds before the robotic voice returned and said ; "There is no one available to take your call.Please call back later.Goodbye."
And the robot hung up on me!
After 10 minutes of number pressing , I couldn't even leave a massage. I had to start all over again."

He is a writer of TODAY newspaper.His name is Neil Humphreys.
I copy from his article from Voices column.

Newer Post Older Post Home